Monday, August 4, 2014
Beef with potatoes - made in the oven
It's delicious, nutritive and it brings me back those memories from my childhood when my mom would cook it for a weekday's meal.
Something simple and fast to whisk together.
But so dear because of those memories.
It is also one of my son's favorites and he loves to eat it with a half pint of ketchup.
Just kidding, but sometimes I do wonder if he can tell any other flavor apart from the ketchup.
But I let him enjoy since ketchup is really healthy, especially for men.
To make this extra easy, I use frozen potatoes that are already cut into strips.
Any brand will do.
Beef with potatoes at the oven
1 bag of frozen potatoes, cut into strips
2 pound of ground beef
2 cups of milk
cheese cut into strips
salt and pepper
1. Cut the scallions and fry them together with the ground beef.
2. Add salt and pepper to the ground beef.
3. Mix the frozen potatoes with the ground beef and scallions in a casserole.
4. Mix the milk with the eggs and add a bit of salt and pepper.
5. Pour the milk and eggs over the potatoes and ground beef.
6. Cover with the cheese strips.
7. Cook in 200 C in an oven.