Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Iguana Park in Guayaquil - Parque de las Iguanas


One of the main atractions for a family travelling in Ecuador's biggest city, Guayaquil, is the Iguana Park.

The bustling coastal town is huge and dangerous and not very touristic.

But for a knowledgeful visitor there are spots worth seeing.
Iguanas lounging in a tree.
One of them is the Iguana Park in the center of the city, close to the Malecon Park.

The Iguana Parks main atraction are the iguanas lounging freely around.

These huge lizard tan themselves in the sun, right next to the tourists and vistors.
There are other animals you can spot in the park also.
If you are brave enough, you can touch them or feed them.

If you are unlucky enough, they might defecate on you.

Always remember to check what is above you, because iguanas love to climb to trees in the park.
Iguana in the park.
And they don't use a restroom.

But if you keep your eyes open, the park is a wonderful place to visit and rest in the hubbub of the big city.

And the children are sure to enjoy seeing these prehistorical beast that will remind them so much of real life dinosaurs or dragons.

11 comments:

  1. VERY cool! I have grandkids who would LOVE to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place and photos! Thanks for the great post :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iguanas scare me. They're fascinating but I think I'd be afraid to be around them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adventurous place to visit! Great photos! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love attractions like this! Great tip on watching out for doo doo lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics. Would love to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what an amazing creatures!
    I would love a trip to the park like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo! Iguanas are so incredible! I remember one of my cousins owned two iguanas as pets when I was young. At that time I was afraid of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those iguanas are very neat. I love seeing them walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just now I know about Ecuador and these are awesome-big iquanas at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! A park for iguanas? That is interesting! I would love to check it out but from a distance. I have a big fright on any kind of reptiles or a semblance of it. :)

    ReplyDelete