Friday, January 10, 2014

Gospel Friday Countdown - Friends are forever

When I was in High School one of my favorite Christian musician was Michael W. Smith. 

Like any teenage girl I admired his good looks, that was obviously important at that age. 

But I also felt that his music spoke to me. 

I could feel love there, God's love for me and His creation.

Also the love between us people, friendship, love to one another, and also, romantic love.

I still love his older music with a nostalgia like no other.

Hope you enjoy this hop back to the 80´s and early 90's.

5. Place in this world



When you are young what worries you most?

You're place in the world.

Who am I? What will I be? What is my calling? What kind of person will I be? Will I succeed or fail?

We are all looking for to find our place in this world.

4. Somewhere, somehow; a duet with Amy Grant


Youth is also the time when we dream of love.

Of finding our significant other.

We dream of finding the way to find the one.

Through those lonely nights, you believe you will find the true love.

3. Do you dream of me




This can be both about earthly love.

A relationship that has a long history.

It can be the marriage I dreamed about, the prince in the shining armor who would sweep me from my feet and we would live happily ever after.

It can also be relationship between children and parents.

Something that was very close to my heart at youth.

At time same time I was ready to fly, to try out my wings, but I missed my parents and was afraid of leaving them.

And it also can be about our relationship with God.

How we love Him and He loves us.

2. I will be here for you


Again a song that has many meanings.

For me this has always been about God and friendship.

God will always be there for me, there is nothing to fear.

He will never leave me alone, He is my shelter, He shines His light for me.

But also I knew that my friends would be there for me.

That I could trust them with everything and anything, they were someone I could trust.

1. Friends are friends forever


This song is so important to me because it brings me back memories of my friends. 

Our choir/youthgroup in church when I was in HS. 

We were all girls, different ages from 12 to 18.

And they are the best friends I have had.

There is no other time like your youth, no other friends like the ones you make when you are young.

And I'm glad to say that even we live very far away.

I'm in Ecuador, one of them lives in China, others are scattered around the globe.

We still keep in touch.


A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.
Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment