Friday, January 17, 2014

Gospel Friday Countdown

When I came to Ecuador I was in an instant blackout, there was virtually no news from the world.

Only what was happening in Latin America, Ireland (fights between Catholics and Protestans) and Israel.

There was no music but in Spanish, latin music with latin rhytms, the strangest thing possible for me.

This was before internet became household item, long before Facebook and even before emails.

Everything I was used to was impossible.

Only way I had to maintain in contact with my friends was by written word, letters, snail mail.

You couldn't even dial outside the country without dialing the central first.

And this was just the 90's, not that far away.

The only Christian music I could get was the ones we brought with us and an old Amy Grant CD we found in Quito.

It really took some getting used to, but Ecuador became my home, little by little, the years grew on me.

And Spanish speaking latin music was the norm,I even mostly think in Spanish and dream in Spanish.

And when I came across the new Gospel music that had developed in the ten years I hadn't been listening.

I was confused, it sounded so different, so strange.

I have learned to love it again.

I have found the rhytms again.

And here are some, not actual, but a bit more contemporary favorites of mine, than the last week.

5. East to West



Do you know how far East is from the West?

That is how far God casts your sins.
I love the lyrics of this song.

 4. Glorious Days


Living loved me, dying He saved me,

Burried He carried my sins far away,

Rising He justified, freely forever,

One day He's coming, Oh glorious day.

I am expecting the day when He will come with all my heart, knowing that no one has ever loved me like He has.


3. If we're ever needed you



We do what is right, in our own eyes.
I have great admiration for the lyrics that Casting Crowns write.

The way they tell about Christ with their music and with the words.

Creating a message that human heart can freely recieve.


2. Set me free



I don't know if you need to be free but I do.

Every day I want to be set free.

To be able to raise on my wings and sing from joy.

The joy of being myself, of being loved, of being accept, the joy of reaching home and being with my Creator, under His protection.


1. Who am I


How many of us have asked this.
Who am I?

What am I doing here?

What is the purpose of my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment