Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Casting the sins to the currents of God's grace - (Not so) Wordless Wednesday


"The Tashlich (literally, "casting") is a tradition dating back to the Middle Ages in which the sins of the repentant are ceremonially cast into the deep, ever-flowing currents of God's grace. It is a time of both penitence and celebration as a year's worth of shotcomings and failures are acknowledged, accepted, and then washed away so that life can begin again, fresh, with no mistakes in it."
Rachel Held Evans


18 Where is another God like you,
    who pardons the guilt of the remnant,
    overlooking the sins of his special people?
You will not stay angry with your people forever,
    because you delight in showing unfailing love.
19 Once again you will have compassion on us.
    You will trample our sins under your feet
    and throw them into the depths of the ocean!
Micah 7:18-19
New Living Translation (NLT)

12 comments:

  1. And a big hurrah for it (Mica 7:18-19). I think it's impossible to live without mistakes, but I do have a firm faith in asking to improve/bless others/do better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that there are a lot of people that find these to be very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfailing, unconditional, undying love... oh how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first photo. It's been a long time since I've seen a river flowing that fast and has a rocky bed like that! It's absolutely amazing to look at. The trees surrounding it are so thick, too. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it I'mCatholic yet I dont use the confession as much as they want I guess I believe in a God who will forgive my sins if my repentance is sincere and comes from the deepest of my heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt God leading me to respond to this. I've never even been on this blog before and I don't know you, but what I DO know is how we can be forgiven. It is only through the blood of Jesus. It's not from confessing our sins to a priest, or our goodness, or tradtions or going to church. There is absolutely nothing we can do to save ourself. Nothing. It is only by faith in Jesus Christ and His death on the cross and His ressurection that we will be saved. We are guilty before God and He will judge everyone in righteousness and the only way to be forgiven is through faith in His Son who died for us...who took our punishment. Jesus said that He is the way, the truth, and the life and no one can come to the Father through Him. Get a Bible and starting learning about Jesus and believe in Him and obey the Word. When we come to faith in Jesus we are made new, born again and filled with the Holy Spirit who transforms us. I'm praying for you! Go to needgod.com

      Delete
  6. I am very inspired and heart felt by this. Love it and could always read more. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful images and heartwarming words! We all need a reminder of how amazing grace is and what wonderful compassion God has toward us. Thank you, Joanna. God bless you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy for your kind words, and God bless you too :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful and inspiring verses and a gorgeous photo! I assume that is in Ecuador? Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That He collects my tears says so much about what a loving God he is! Beautiful photos - encouraging message!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel like I'm in the middle of that stream just soaking up God's goodness and forgiveness. What a beautiful place to come for refreshment and grace. Thank you so much for being a part of SDG.

    ReplyDelete