Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Queen With The Frozen Heart 8




 The prince buried his hands to the bear’s fur while he ran and drew comfort from the best. The earth flew under them and the air around them, the trees and plants bended softly to let them pass and the water carried their weight for them.

In that moment, while the prince ran, everything was right, everything was in balance.

It was night when the prince and the bear, drew closer to the meadow where they had agreed to meet with Iluku. The prince and the bear sat on the soft ground to watch the stars and the moon.

- What should we do, the bear asked, where will we get the men Iluku told you to find?

- Maybe we should seek them on the way, the prince said, after we have talked with Iluku and are ready to head to north to save my father. Or maybe they’ll find us?
 - That would be an easy solution, the bear answered, but somehow I don’t think it will happen.

- So, what do you suggest, the prince answered exasperated.

- There is a village next to the river, the bear nodded; the path goes right over there, next to that big morete. You’re the prince, shouldn’t they follow you?

The prince sat in silence for a long time. Finally it was time for the moon to go to sleep and for the Kuyllur to appear to above the horizon to announce the morning.

- We shall go to the village, the prince sighed.
Warily he walked now. Feeling like the earth was against him, the wind in rebellion, and the trees set out to tear his flesh. It was a long and hard walk, even though the path was good, worn down by countless feet. But the prince was not used to walking like everyone else, moving unconcealed, without his magic.

Next to the river was a long field of plantains, they rose from the ground seeking heaven with their large leafs. Many had fruits growing from them. Further away the prince could see maniocs of different size planted next to a corn field. Alongside the river there were canoes and fishing nets drying out in the sun. It was a prosperous village, the prince could see it.

Around the houses there were little children playing and bigger one tending them and making sure that no harm would come to them. Most of the children were naked or only wear a piece of rope around their waists, wrists and ankles. Next to the big house made of bamboo and leaves there were womenfolk tending a fire and cooking something. The smell was heavenly for the prince. 
 He noticed the bear looking longingly the corn fields and heard his stomach growling.

There were no men at sight. Either they were resting in the big house or hunting outside in the jungle.

- Let’s go greet them, the prince said in a hushed voice.

- How do you do that, the bear asked.

- How should I know, the prince snapped, the people always came to visit me and my mother!

- Well, how would they behave, the bear answered patiently.
 The prince looked at him surprised and blushed.

- They would make sure they were seen from a far, he remembered, and they would greet us shouting out that they had arrived, so we would know that they did not want anything bad for us.

- That sounds good to me, the bear answered, should I go with you or wait here?

- I think you should wait here, the prince answered; everyone else’s magic is so much smaller. Or maybe the men have bigger magic but I can only see little things like birds and monkeys and one child has a sloth. But I think that is the biggest one.

- There is one boy with a jaguar puppy; the bear looked around the village.

- Yes, he must be the child of kuraka, the prince nodded, and the future leader of the village. I will call you when everyone has calmed down better if you hide here for a little while.

The prince raised his hands above his head so everyone could see that he came unarmed and stepped to the sunlight.

- I have come well, he shouted as loud as he could, I have come well to your house.

The children stopped their game and stoop their mouths gaping at him. The women stirred and tried to see from the fire what was going on. Alarmed by the change in the behavior of the children they tried to see if something was threatening them. The biggest boys ran in from of everyone else holding their fearsome chonta spears, ready pierce the attacker’s skin and organs.

Sisa stood up, together with everyone else. Her long black, straight hair gracefully hanging on her back, dark and shiny, the crown of a young woman on her prime. She stood like a queen, wearing only her necklaces made from seeds and feathers and a decorative sash made from the same seeds and feathers around her waist.

- I have come well, she could hear a strange voice next to the jungle, at the edge of plantain field, I have come well.

The stranger stood strong and proud, his hands high above his head, empty, to show he had no malice and only meant well. His black hair was held back with a feathered headpiece and the skin around his eyes had been painted black with wituk seed’s juice. He was tall, and handsome, regal in his stature. His face strong and handsome, like a kuraka from another village, a man used to command.



To be continued...

This is the eight part of the story.


If you want to read the first part of the story go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 1

To read the second part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 2 

To read the third part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 3

To read the fourth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 4

To read the fifth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 5


To read the sixth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 6


To read the seventh part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 7

To read the ninth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 9

To read the tenth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 10

To read the eleventh part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 11

To read the twelth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 12 

47 comments:

  1. Yet another lovely installment of this beautiful story! I love the story and of course, the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words flow so eloquently.. I enjoy reading these stories everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I've thought of doing something like this.
    Very well written too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to put them all together in a book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my plan. It needs a lot of work, obviously, but this is a good way to get started.

      Delete
  5. This story is very intriguing! When I first started following I had no idea it would be on it's 8th installment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really taking on a life of its own. I know you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting to write, Liz. And I love that I have a weekly deadline. That way I can't linger but I have to write it. Of course, this is quite raw and needs a lot of polishing. But it is so much fun :)

      Delete
  7. I'm thinking there might be romance in the air. Coming back again to see if I'm right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always enjoy your blog! Great trip away from my life. It's an awesome story and I love the way it's illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great story! I love the pictures that you implement into your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this story and pictures. I bet it's fun to just let your imagination take over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great story. just love the story and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always enjoy reading what you have to share, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love that you are writing a book right here! I can't wait to see when you publish it, lots of luck!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really wish to get it published and I'm looking into doing it as an ebook. It seems that there is a lot of market for them these days.

      Delete
  14. Very interesting story. Fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful storytelling and beautiful images! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story i am looking forward to the next part,Also i like the pictures that you have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you have me wondering what will happen next. Thank you for the great read this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful story! I'm enjoying reading this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun, the prince and the bear are good friends. I am enjoying your photos and make me feel I am part of the story by just looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome how you are creating stories on your blog. Hopefully one day you will publish a real book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just learned of a site that you can upload an ebook to and sell it as an ebook or even as a printed publication. I hope you're considering doing just that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful story! I love how you continue with it each time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm learning so much from your posts. What a neat story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great installment! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm loving this story. I love the pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't read all of the installments yet but this is such a great story. I really love the photographs too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your photos and how they help the story along. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun story. The pictures really make the story move along.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ebooks are really growing in popularity! It will be neat when yours is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the pictures you put together with the story. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful writing with pictures that just reach out to you. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very vivid storytelling! Good luck with your publishing plans; I can't wait for the next part of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great story. I love all of the photos- it looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for sharing this story and pictures. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Interesting story and well written. The photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Another beautiful edition to your wonderful story! Amazing it's been 8 posts already!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for sharing this with everyone! It was easy to lose myself in the descriptions and picture myself walking the same path and seeing the plantain fields and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I always love these photos and stories - very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is screaming to be turned into a book! So interesting... Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I always love coming back to look at the pictures. Transports me right to the place!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Another piece of the story! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete