One of my son’s favorite foods is Arroz Relleno or Ecuadorian Chicken Risoto.
It’s a very delicious dish and he especially enjoys it together with a side of fried ripe plantainbananas.
This is a simple dish to prepare but at the same time it is a dish that is sure to fill up those stomachs.
And to give some happy smiles too.
You can either make the not so hot version or if you enjoy your food hot, just add more chili pepper to the mix!
Don’t forget the side of fried ripe plantain bananas.
Their sweetness is an incredible contrast to the hotness of the risotto.
(Serves for four people)
1 pound of chicken meat in strips
2 medium onions
2 medium tomatoes
½ cup of sweet peas
2 green bell peppers (or chili pepper to add hotness)
2 tablespoons of oil
2 table spoons of tomato sauce
1 small kettle of cooked rice
1. Wash the chicken meat with cool water; remove the veins and impurities, cut into strips
2. Grate carrots, chop the tomatoes and cut the peppers into strips.
3. Parboil chicken strips in oil, simmered together with onions, tomatoes, carrots, green pepper and peas.
4. Add 2 cups boiling water to rehash and tomato sauce.
5. Keep filling in the fire until the water has dried.
6. Use a fork to mix the filling with cooked rice.
7. Serve with a portion of fried ripe plantain bananas.