Vanilla sauce is a very delicious dessert and perfect to eat any time of the year.
But it is especially yummy during the hot season.
It can be eaten with fresh fruit and berries.
Or with pies, bakes, crumbles or bars.
It is a very versatile addition to any dessert and guaranteed to make them all even more delicious!
5 dl of milk
1 dl of cream
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of manioc (cassava) flour
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1) Mix all the other ingredients, except the vanilla, in a saucepan. Stir well with a beater. Be careful to not let the flour clump.
2) Let the mix heat up, stirring constantly. The mix will easily stick to the bottom or burn.
3) When the mix heat up till the boiling point and you can see the first bubbles, take it away from the heat.
4) Put the saucepan into cold water and let the mix cool off. When it is cool, add the vanilla and stir.
5) Pour the sauce into a plastic or glass bowl and put it in the fridge to cool. Serve when it is cold.