Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Queen With The Frozen Heart 6




This is the sixth part of the story.

If you want to read the first part of the story go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 1  

To read the second part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 2 

To read the third part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 3

To read the fourth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 4

To read the fifth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 5.
Silently the prince closed on them and with utmost care he took hold of the moon's loincloth. Because Killa was only dressed with a leather cloth on his hips and feathers in his hair. His lover, Iluku, had a traditional blue pacha and she was full of jewelry that her lover had given her as token of his love. Seashells hang from her ears and coral, gold and silver decorated her neck from faraway places. On her arms she had bracelets made artfully from different seeds.
- Who are you, cried the moon, feeling the prince’s touch.
He shielded Iluku with his body and tried to find the arms the prince had stolen from him.
- Are you looking for this, prince showed the obsidian dagger to Killa.
- Who are you and what you want, the moon demanded to know, do you have any idea who we are.

- Yes, my lord the moon, prince bowed his head, and my lady Iluku. I know who you are. But I only have one request, one tiny question that you may be able to answer or me.
- And why would I answer to you, Killa raged, you insolent young pup!
- Because you are renowned for your wisdom and cunning, prince bowed even lower, and only you can help me in my dire need. I have heard of your keen eyes and sharp mind. And of the brave warriors heart that beats in your chest.
Next to him the bear almost burst out laughing but yawned instead. Everyone knew the story of the moon and Iluku. How he had ran away from her family, scared to death and flown hiding to the sky, in his scare leaving his lover behind and damning her to live as a bird instead. Brave was not a word people up used to describe the moon. And that is why he loved to hear himself so described.

- Yes, he said, I presume you must have heard of my incredible valor. So, what is this thing you wish to know and only I am able to tell you?
Moon's curiosity was awaken.
- Years ago, when I was but a little boy, the prince answered, my father the king rode to fight the evil monsters plaguing our land from the north. He rode and never returned again. And not even the land was able to tell what happened to him and all his men. Only thing that the land was able to say was that not a strange foot was set on our land.
The moon laughed.
- Oh, I know all about your father and his faith, he claimed, I saw it all happen from my thrown up in the Heaven. There I sat, admiring the view and longing for my loved one when the foul condors, vultures with men's bodies but wings and heads of a bird rose from the northern hills and like giant bats descended on your father's men. The land is right, not a foot was set on it. Because your father and all his men were snatched from up above and carried by vultures to their lair.

- And where are they now, prince could not believe what he heard, what happened to them? Were they killed? Or do they still live?
- The vultures are men eaters, Killa shrugged; I would say your father was gone a long time ago. Fed to their little ones I presume.
- Oh no, Iluku shaked her head, like my dear Llullukilla claims, the vultures are man-eaters. And so are the jaguar men, their friends and allies who live together with the vultures on the mount Sumako. But most of your father's men still live, locked inside the mountain. I have heard them yelling for help and the condors and jaguars laughing and bragging on their royal visitor, when I have flown by during the night. No, your father shall be the last one they'll eat. But I don't think it'll bring him happiness to watch his friends go first.

- Have they eaten many already, prince asked trembling.
- No, because they have had all the horses and cattle your father’s army was bringing along, Iluku answered sadly, but it will not be long. Like I said, I have heard them bragging and they are planning to make a huge feast of it. To show how much they despise the men and how little they fear you.
- I will show them how much the men will despise them, the prince swore, and how much they have to fear us. I only wish Kuyllur were here, to help me with his wisdom  and bravery.
The moons face become dark and angered and he spat at the young man.
- How do dare you mention that name in front of me, he cried, like that little star could shine brighter than I.

And he threw himself to the sky in his anger. Prince looked at him in sorrow.
- Why did I open my mouth, he lamented, now who will help me to find the mountain and the cave where they keep my father in.
- Do not worry, Iluku consoled him, I was a human woman once and I do not wish to see my kin to perish. Even though I am a bird I will lead you and show you the way. We will just have to travel through the night. And on moonless nights you must let me to go see my lover, because I cannot live without him. Now go, find the brave men who will chance their destiny together with you, for alone you shall surely perish. And meet me here, in this same place, in a fortnight.

To be continued...

This is the sixth part of the story.


If you want to read the first part of the story go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 1

To read the second part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 2 

To read the third part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 3

To read the fourth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 4

To read the fifth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 5


To read the seventh part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 7


 To read the eight part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 8

To read the ninth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 9

To read the tenth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 10

To read the eleventh part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 11

To read the twelth part, go to The Queen With The Frozen Heart 12 

40 comments:

  1. You are a great writer and really know how to tell a story - and once again, the photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to look for a publisher! That is why I started the blog, to ultimately write a book. You write very well!
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are always so incredible! I love that you are able to share this story through powerful images and words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write so well. I always get captivated by your tales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Mitch in his earlier comment. Have you considered finding a publisher? or even creating an e-book? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another awesome installment to your story. Love your writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see the story written out all together, with quotes and some grammatical changes - I'll bet a publisher would go for it! The photo of the warriors is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story and the pics are awesome also. Keep the story coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool. I love the photos to go with the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you should definitely get this published. Get it all on one place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly a great writer. And the pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll have to go back and read the rest of the story that was written before now. Wow, the photos are just stunning. I love how it all comes together for a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always enjoy looking at your photos. Thank you for telling this story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you illustrate your creative writing with photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another good entry in your story! Such great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pictures are amazing. What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope they find his father and that their journey is safe. This is really quite a story!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the costume the young lady is wearing! As usual, very exciting and informative post

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your story-telling and really enjoyed the pictures as well. I'm eager to read the other installments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. As always, both the pictures and story are fantastic. Thank you so much for putting this out there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like an amazing event. I hope they find his father! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful photos! It's also really helpful that you linked to the other parts of the story for anyone who needs to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hurrah for the bird hearing all and offering to help!! I'll be back for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aside from the amazing tale you've been sharing I'm so enthralled with all those pictures! Like from a different and completely unique world then ours.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Question: Is this a story that you wrote or a story that you are recording? I was wondering if if was a passed down story fro your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iluku and the man from the moon are part of the cultural heritage of Amazonian Kichwas, as is Kuyllur. There are many different stories from them all. The story of The Queen With The Frozen Heart is my original.

      Delete
  26. Your photos always help enhance and explain the story. It's great you were able to dcument so much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great story! I love the cultural dress, and makeup of your people!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed the other parts of the story, but I am now intrigued! You are a fabulous story teller, and the accompanying pictures really enhance the whole thing! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Theresa. I really apreciate that you want to know more of the story.

      Delete
  29. I'm going to have to go back and reread the previous posts. I love the writing and your ability to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This story is great!! You do such a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. you're really a great story teller. i think i'm goiong to go back and read them all again

    ReplyDelete
  32. It takes a special person to captivate with words the way you do. Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. As always, I love your choice of photos to help enhance your story. The outfits are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like the title of your story. Lovely pictures. So ornate :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful tale as always. Their cultural clothing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great story, beautiful pictures! You're a great story teller.

    ReplyDelete