Tuesday, February 11, 2014

How the time flies

It seems that it was just yesterday when my son was a baby.

Or at least, just some weeks ago or maybe few months.

And now he's almost ten and such a big boy.

Growing up in my eyes, every day, bigger and bigger.

Getting taller and smarter, more prepared to tackle with the life.
Right after he was born, at the hospital.

I know I should be thankful.

But at the same time, it's so hard to let go.

So hard to think that there will be a day when he will not need me.

Because it was just yesterday when he was a baby.

At the hospital, when he didn't breath when he was born.
At home, it was so hard when he wouldn't sleep and then only wanted to sleep on my stomach.

And then such a small baby with huge feet, a true hobbit at birth, just a bit too thin.

A baby who wouldn't stay with anyone else.

Who wouldn't let me go to the bathroom, or take a shower, who would scream if someone else took him.

A baby who pooped eight or nine times a night.

And would only sleep on my stomach.

Then a baby, I would not ever want to live without.
He was such a beautiful baby, with his huge feet. He would not calm down with anyone else. Not with my dad or my mom. My little sister wasn't breastfeeded when she was small and seeing me breasfeed my son was such a wonder for her and she wanted to try it out with her doll.

The only person who fills my life with love and happiness.

A big boy who can do almost everything for himself.

Who loves to ride a bike and play Minecraft with his friends.

Who wonders about what is the world and who has made it.

Who wants to know why God loves us all.

I love you the most.

31 comments:

  1. I almost cry here while I read your post. I can sense from you writed words your huge love to your son and same time I go through my own similar feelings for my three sons and their birth.

    I've read that motherhood is compared to Kingdom of Heaven. God bless you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sanna. I'm glad the story and the pictures touched you.

      Delete
  2. Aw, isn't it terrible how they grow up so quickly? My daughter is 16 and I swear she was just a baby yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah what a sweet post! Praise God he is a healthy boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet. It is amazing how fast little bundles of joy grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time flies really fast.. this is such a great post. :) A handsome baby indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. They definitely do grow up so quickly. It's not easy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time sure does fly by. It's like click, it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe, what a sweetheart. You are making me want a little baby again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your boy! My oldest just turned 10 in January! I can completely relate to the struggles of letting your little ones grow up. it happens way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber. The big day is still two moths away. Just getting ready...

      Delete
  10. Aw I love all the sweet baby pictures. I love my boys, they do grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie pie!!!! I love seeing all the baby picture, they do grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how you feel!! I still cannot believe my oldest son will be 6 in 3 months! Time flies...oh so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a loving post. It's almost unfair how quickly the time flies, isn't it? My daughter is 8 and I feel like it was only yesterday that she was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true, Kathryn. They grow up so fast. I wish I could reload some of the memories and enjoy them again.

      Delete
  14. It seems that my children were born such a short time ago and now one is grown! It is important to enjoy them while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ten years can pass quickly! That's the joy of having lots of pictures to help preserve our memories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just the other day I was looking at pictures of my daughters as babies and it really hit me hard. Everyone said the years go quickly but I never believed it. They certainly do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little afraid when my son is going to be a real grown up and having his children, Nicole. It seems that if the time goes so fast, will I really be ready?

      Delete
  17. Oh how mothers everywhere know how you feel! My daughter will be 18 in April and starting University in fall, I can barely stand the thought of letting her go and having an empty house until she comes home on school break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be so hard to let go, Tammy. Hope everything will go perfectly for her!

      Delete
  18. Time does fly so fast! This is a beautiful post. It's so important to enjoy each and every little moment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful post.The kids do grow too quickly. I wish mine were still small.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes, time truly flies. I love this post and I love how it's a great reminder to cherish today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such an adorable baby! Time sure does fly... especially when you are having fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. they do grow up so fast. i would give anything for a few more newborn moments. even the toughest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ahhhhh this totally made me tear up. What a wonderful reminder to embrace each day

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm always completely amazed when I look back at baby pictures. My boys are growing up way too fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is insane how fast time goes by when you become a parent. I can't help but tear up looking back at the adorable baby pictures of my little guy. I can't believe that he's almost 2.5, I can't even imagine what it will be like when he's 10, and older! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the MaMade Blog Hop! Don't forget to stop back to link up again next week and see if you've been featured! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful post. I have a 4 yo boy and completely understand. Completely.

    ReplyDelete